Ideas to bring in new members.

General posts not related to other forum topics
Sailfish United States of America

Ideas to bring in new members.

Post by Sailfish »

Anyone have any ideas to encourage more participation? I really like the concept and layout of this forum and want to help it grow.

Would it be kosher to send links out in Discord servers and other similar platforms?
"Guns don't feed violence, just as flowers don't bring peace." - Jair Bolsonaro
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ideas to bring in new members.

Post by Admin »

One of the principles here is that people are free to and will use the sites they find useful and entertaining. There will be no prohibition on mentioning other sites (the limit being that if you register here for the sole purpose of promoting your commercial enterprise, that will get a hard look from a mod). At some time in the future, there will probably be an industry and business section with the goal of potential customers being aware of companies that share our values is good for both parties. Mentioning this site elsewhere is only a potential issue to those other site operators.

This site has members who were contributing members to ARFCOM, and were banned there. Hopefully those good members will feel at home here.
Sailfish United States of America

Re: Ideas to bring in new members.

Post by Sailfish »

Admin wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:47 am One of the principles here is that people are free to and will use the sites they find useful and entertaining. There will be no prohibition on mentioning other sites (the limit being that if you register here for the sole purpose of promoting your commercial enterprise, that will get a hard look from a mod). At some time in the future, there will probably be an industry and business section with the goal of potential customers being aware of companies that share our values is good for both parties. Mentioning this site elsewhere is only a potential issue to those other site operators.

This site has members who were contributing members to ARFCOM, and were banned there. Hopefully those good members will feel at home here.
Thank you for the reply. I’ll see who else I can get to join, and look forward to seeing this place grow. I myself am a banned ARFCOM member, and definitely have noticed some good contributors get the hammer, as well.
"Guns don't feed violence, just as flowers don't bring peace." - Jair Bolsonaro